When you look for the natural remedies for Alzheimer’s disease online, you will discover that there are many websites that are dedicated to this disease and these websites offer natural treatments for this progressive neurodegenerative disease. Alzheimer’s disease is a disorder where the orientation, thinking ability and memory is affected. In this piece of writing, we are going to talk about some of the natural remedies for this disorder.
1. Apple Juice- It has been found that drinking apple juice can help the patient of Alzheimer’s disease. Not only can apple juice decrease the risk of developing Alzheimer’s disease, it is also very useful in treating some of the symptoms of this disorder. According to a recent study that was carried out, it was reported that polyphenols in apple juice can help in treating Alzheimer’s disease. This is the reason why many people would suggest the patient to drink apple juice several times a day so that the symptoms of this disease can be slowed down.
2. B Vitamins- A therapy with B Vitamins should be undertaken because these vitamins can reduce the homocysteine levels. When the level of homocysteine decreases, the progressions of Alzheimer’s will also slow down because it has been found that high homocysteine level can lead to the progression of this disorder.
3. Sunlight- The patient will also benefit if he or she sits in the sun for sometime in the morning. You should also try to restore the sleeping patterns of the patient.
4. Green tea- It has been found that an antioxidant that is found in green tea can help in fighting loss of memory that is caused by Alzheimer’s. You will find that people living in China, Japan and other Asian countries are very fond of drinking green tea because it has many health benefits. One of such health benefits is that it can help in fighting the symptoms of Alzheimer’s disease.
5. Curcumin- This is a compound that is found in turmeric. It has been found that Curcumin can actually help in slowing down the progression of this health condition.
6. DHA- DHA refers to a fatty acid that you will find in fish oils. By consuming adequate amount of DHA, the symptoms of Alzheimer’s disease can be reduced. This is said to be the building block for the brain and by increasing the consumption of DHA in the diet of the patient, the brain function of the patient can be restored.
7. Fish- An Alzheimer patient should consume fishes because they are healthy and they can help in fighting this degenerating brain disorder. You may or may not know this but fishes are considered to be good for the neurons and it is often termed as ‘brain food’ because it has nutrients and acids that can protect the brain cells.
These are just some of the natural remedies for treating Alzheimer’s. You will find plenty of other remedies when you look for them online and you can also consider using those natural remedies to slow down the progression of Alzheimer’s disease.