Experts say that the success of healthy eating is the balance of nutrition, tested over time, variety and moderation. In other words, experts advise you to eat as varied, without too many calories and without consuming of too much of the same nutrients.
1. Eat foods rich in many nutrients. For an excellent health condition, you need over 40 nutrients and there is no food that can provide them all. Among the foods we select daily diet should be: whole grains bread, fruits, vegetables, dairy products and meat (chicken, fish, pork or beef) and other protein foods. How much should you eat depends on your calorie needs.
2. Enjoy fruits, vegetables and grains! Studies show that most Americans do not consume a sufficient amount of these foods. Eat 6-11 servings from food group that is bread, rice, cereals and pasta. Consume 2-4 servings of fruit and 3-5 servings of vegetables
3. Keep your body weight … healthy. Right weight depends on many factors: sex, height, age and heredity. Extra fat accumulated in the body increases the risk of cardiovascular disease, high blood pressure, stroke, diabetes, certain cancers and other medical conditions.
Instead, a weight below normal can lead to various health problems such as osteoporosis, irregular menstruation and other illnesses.
4. Eat moderate-sized portions of food. If portions of food you will consume have moderate size, it will be easier to eat foods you like and still keep your excellent state of health.
5. Eat regularly. We want to remind you what you already know very well – “jumping” over meals is a sport … This practice can lead to uncontrolled hunger. Snacks taken between meals can help soften your hunger, but do not turn them into a real meal!
6. Many people eat for pleasure, but also for the sake of food. If your favorite foods are high in fat, too salty or too sweet, the key is the appropriate nutrition and moderation – how much of these foods you consume and how often.
7. Balance your food choices. Not all foods are perfect. When eating a food high in fat, too salty or too sweet, choose other foods that do not have that … “Problem.” If you miss one day one of the essential food groups, recover the next day.
8. Any changes you do, do it slowly and gradually, so do not expect to revitalize your eating habits overnight.